posted Jan 11, 2012, 10:00 AM by Barbara Schroeder
You should direct your students to resources about the new interface and look of the suite of Google Apps tools. Here are some suggestions:
- At the beginning of the term, require students to go to http://learn.googleapps.com/new-look-docs and view the materials and videos. Set up some practice exercises requiring they complete some skill sets to prove they know how to use Google Docs. Some suggested activities:
- Create a Google Docs Collection and add all of your students.
- Have them create a sample Google Doc, naming it their lastname_firstname and enter information about themselves.
- Have them look at another student's document and insert comments.
- Have them publish their Google Doc and provide the URL of their published document.
- Have them download their document as a PDF file.
- Recommend your students subscribe to the Google Apps update feed, either through a feed reader, email updates, or following the Twitter feed: http://googleappsupdates.blogspot.com
- And, of course, make sure you know how to use the new features of Google Apps!